Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Passing of Oscar Semora

My Grandfather was a strong fighter all the way, but he finally lost his battle with cancer this past Thursday (August 12th) at 12:07am. I would have posted sooner but I was away at Pennsic when it happened and am only now just finding time to get on my journal. Again, I don't know that I have the words to express feelings. And I feel so drained with everything going on, I can't even cry all that much. Which feels really wrong. I am very sad that yet another person is no longer in my life, that I will no longer be able to see and talk to this man. All of my regrets from my earlier post titled as such...they are still there, only now it's worse because it's definitely too late. I essentially have one grandparent left with which to share my life with, and to find out more about - my one surviving grandmother. My one surviving grandfather unfortunately doesn't even know I am there if I visit.

Anyway, since I don't know what to say just yet about my grandfather (memories of him are forthcoming), I will post his obituary here.

Oscar W. Semora, Jr., age 79 of Gibbstown, NJ passed away Thursday, August 12, 2010. Born in Pine Bluff, Arkansas he is the beloved husband of Eleanor M. (nee Wilson) and beloved father of Susan Semora of Suffolk, VA, Debra Ogbin & husband Robert of Pittsgrove, NJ, Barbara Baran & husband Matt of Little Rock, AR, Linda Morrow of Sherwood, AR, Wayne Semora of Orlando, FL. Lisa Higgins & husband Robert of Media, PA., brother Raymond & wife Chris of MI, sister Barbara Ann of Sherwood, AR, 11 grandchildren & 4 great grandchildren.
Oscar served in the US Army Occupation Forces in Germany. In 1959 he joined NAESU as a Tech Rep. in Washington DC, later transferring to Philadelphia in 1966. He was dedicated to furthering Naval Aviation throughout the years, earning the respect of many. In 1978 he received the NAESU Equal Opportunity award. He was appointed NAESU's first Technical Director in 1994 and retired in 1996. Oscar enjoyed flying his own airplane and was a member of the Masons and the Gibbstown Senior Citizens Organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment