Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 12

I am now 12 weeks pregnant. I am feeling less tired, though evenings still exhaust me. I don't feel as icky, and even though I am having some soreness from round ligament stretching, it's not as sore as it was the first pregnancy. I continue to experience some light Braxton Hicks and sometimes I feel little bubbling sensations that could possibly be very early baby movement. Supposedly I shouldn't be able to feel it this early, even though I know what to look for (or feel for), and it IS still more than a month earlier than when I felt Liam move during my first pregnancy. But you never know. Can't hurt to imagine it.

Here is general baby info, and a belly picture.

The growth spurt continues. The baby's weight is between .01 and .015 kg (0.33 and 0.5 ounces) and he or she is at least 2.5 inches (6 cm) long. At this point, length is a better indication of growth development than weight, so that's the more important measurement. Most basic body structures are already formed, so from this point forward it's a matter of growth. By now, the baby's heart is beating and it can be heard it via an ultra-sensitive Doppler ultrasound. Bones are starting to form, fingers and toes are separating, and nails are continuing to grow. Tufts of hair may even be starting to form! The baby's brain is also at work, with the pituitary gland churning out hormones as the nervous system continues to develop. The amount of amniotic fluid is also on the rise, increasing to about 1.5 ounces. The baby continues to move, but the mother still can't feel it. The tooth buds have begun to form.

No comments:

Post a Comment