Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hummingbird Moth

Today, while out in my garden, I spotted a hummingbird moth. I don't know that they are rare, but I know I only saw my first one just a few years ago, and have only seen a handful since then. And since I hadn't heard of one before I spotted it and found out what it was, and most other people have no clue what they are (or that they exist), they always seem rare to me. So I think of them as special. I got a picture of this one, which I believe is a Snowberry Clearwing variety.


Interesting looking, aren't they. Apparently when they fly around, they are often mistaken as a hummingbird. I've mostly seen them at rest, and they look more like a weird bumblebee to me, due to the coloration. I've never seen any of the other varieties, only this kind. But I love seeing them. And so, now you know that hummingbird moths exist and what they look like. I am hoping to see more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment