Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Yoga Family Gathering

Just a really quick post...

Today my yoga center had a New Year's Eve Gathering, a special 2-hour gathering where the room was filled (and I mean FILLED) with people, all doing yoga, singing together, releasing the old year and opening arms to the new one. And it wasn't just a yoga class...it was a gathering of friends, of our yoga community...of my yoga "family". I felt so blessed to be there, so special, so surrounded by familiar faces, as well as new ones. As I soaked in the experience, going through poses there in front of my favorite teachers, I felt very happy...and also a little sad. Sad for those that weren't there experiencing this, those that never go to a yoga class, those that don't get it, don't know why it's so special, those that weren't feeling this closeness and sense of community. I realized how lucky I am, just by going to a yoga class. And in my yoga prayers at the end of the class, I added a part that wished that all those out there who had never gone to a yoga class would get a chance to experience one and maybe, just maybe, feel what I had felt.

Om shanti. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment