Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Too much stuff

I have way too much stuff.

Throughout the years, I have collected a lot of personal belongings, some useful, but some not so much. All stuff I once thought I wanted, or was given. And it's all cluttering my home. And I am tired of it. Tired of owning so much stuff. Why do I need it all? Am I really going to use some of it? Do I need all of it? Some of it I bought myself long time ago. Some of if was stuff I asked for. Some of it's stuff that was given as a well-meaning gift. And some is just stuff that somehow has gotten into the house (yeah, like it just snuck in here, right?). Why is it still here? Because I have a problem with getting rid of things. Some are things that have some sort of sentimental value (and some of those are worth keeping). Some are things that people gave me that I just can't bear to give away, because I don't want them to feel bad now that I no longer want it. Some are things I would gladly give away but can't bear to just toss in the trash because they are still useful/usable and I would rather someone got some use out of it instead of it ending up in a landfill (anyone need a VHS/DVD cabinet, or a simple desk?), but I don't know of how to find a new home for them.

Regardless, it drives me crazy that I have this much STUFF in my possession. And I realized that I don't really want any more stuff. Seriously. I don't want people to buy me more things for my birthday or the holidays. If people really want to get something, I think I would get far more use out of something that pampers me (like gift certificates for massages or spa treatments, or towards my yoga center, etc). Yummy foods that are gone once I use them. I really don't want material things anymore, adding to the clutter of my home, and my life. (okay, okay...yarn. I won't say no to yarn...GOOD yarn, though...not the cheap Red Heart stuff). I want so much to get up the willpower to just get rid of the stuff that I really don't want around my house/life anymore...but in the meantime, I guess this is sort of a message to those around me that...um...don't get me anything anymore. Really...I am saying it now, so it can sink in before the holidays...no stuff. Unless I REALLY ask for it (like yarn). And maybe you should look around YOUR home and ask yourself...do you want any of my stuff? *heh*

1 comment:

  1. I totally get the too much stuff thing! Maybe you should try to donate some stuff? Even the not-so-useful things might make someone else happy, and Goodwill needs a lot of support right now, desperately trying to help so many people find jobs...

    (Also - most people really wouldn't notice if you gave away a gift that they gave you years ago...)

    ReplyDelete