Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Halfway there! 20 weeks!

Today I am 20 weeks pregnant! I have 20 more weeks to go (more or less). I am officially halfway there.
Since I just recently posted about how I am feeling, I'll just leave you with a belly picture and the baby info:


Congratulations--you're almost halfway there! Celebrate by talking to your baby; she can hear you now. Weighing in at about 9 ounces (.25 kg) and measuring over 6 inches (15 cm) long, your baby is aware of all kinds of sounds, from the beating of your heart and growling of your tummy, to songs on the radio and the buzzing of your alarm clock. If you feel a "bounce" in your tummy when you hear a loud noise, it's because your baby hears it, too! This is the start of your baby's active phase. You'll feel every twist, turn, and wiggle. You may also hear your baby's heartbeat through a stethoscope, and it's probably faster than you expect--120 to 160 beats per minute.

If your doctor hasn't already measured your tummy, now is the time. Although the size of every uterus (and every baby) is different, most women measure around 8 inches (20 cm), from the top of the pubic area to top of the uterus. You will continue to grow about half an inch (almost 15 mm) per week for a while. If your measurement is much larger, it could mean your pregnancy is farther along than expected-or that you are carrying twins! If it's much smaller, it may indicate your baby is not growing as expected, or that your pregnancy is at an earlier stage. Either way, most women will have an ultrasound at this time to determine how their pregnancy is going and to find out the sex of the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment