Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Achingly slowwwwwww...

So, I spent most of the afternoon/evening knitting on the blanket. Row after 112-stitch row. I really thought I would be a lot further than I am. Didn't expect to be halfway or anything, but thought I would make it past the first row of colored squares and into the white bar that separates it from the next row. But I seem to have fallen into that black hole of knitting that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee always talks about with her shawls. I need the squares to be about 6" long, since that is how wide they are. I measured them....3.5". I knit for a while. 3.75". I knit longer, doing a few extra rows until I measured it (or so I thought..I didn't really count rows, just knit a lot and it felt like I was doing a lot of rows after all that time). Measured again...4". Holy crap, half an inch so far?
Fast forward to now, when I have put my knitting away for the day. The squares are now measuring at 5", after all that knitting. That's it. Not even 2" of progress...forget about the 3" I was hoping to get accomplished. At this rate, the blanket will be finished around Christmas! (seriously, though...don't know HOW I will get this finished before the baby is born.)

At least it's looking nice, though...


(closeup of the moss stitch (white) and seed stitch (color) combo)

No comments:

Post a Comment