Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Well, THAT didn't last long

I know "hate" is a strong word, but I can't help it...I hate winter. I am sick of it, and I am sick of everything it brings...cold weather with bulky coats and chilly winds, nasty messy snow, and blah scenery. It makes me feel more depressed and drained and even though it's a good excuse to stay indoors and knit (which I don't all that much...I stay indoors and clean), I really want to go outside and get some fresh air and see new life growing (and knit with the sun shining on me for some warmth).

So I've been very happy that the past few days have been pretty warn, even getting up into the 60s for a few days. I was able to walk around without a big winter coat, just a jacket, and for a day or so there, no jacket at all. Heck, I even took a walk wearing short-sleeves! And the great thing? All that nasty snow was melted away. Sure, there are big piles that were still there, slowly whittling away. But all the snow on OUR property was gone (the last little pile melted away on Sunday when I mushed it up), and there was hardly any to be seen in the neighborhood. Even though the scenery was still blah, at least it wasn't coated in cold, white blah.

And then I woke up this morning.



(maybe it's winter that hates me...)

No comments:

Post a Comment