Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Grandfathers...

I've thought all day about what I might want to write, in memory of my grandfather Oscar Semora, who passed away a year ago today. And once again, I simply cannot express in words how much I love him, how much I miss him, and how wonderful he was. I want to write something deep and profound, but I don't think that's one of my strong points. And nothing can really do him justice, really.
So I am posting, instead, many different quotes about Grandfathers, as a sort of tribute to him.
Also, here is a link to the post I made last year, containing many memories from his grandchildren, of their young lives with him.


Grandfathers...
It's such a grand thing to be a father of a mother/father - that's why the world calls him grandfather.

Grandfathers are just antique little boys.

Grandpas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. ~Author Unknown

Grandfather-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandpas are short on criticism and long on love.

A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.

Grandfather - a wonderful father with lots of practice.

Grandparents are similar to a piece of string - handy to have around and easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren.

A grandfather is a father who has a second chance.

A grandfather is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.
Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. ~Welsh Proverb

What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.

Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends - and hardly ever our own grown children.

When a child is born, so are grandfathers.


(I love you grandpop....so very damn much)

No comments:

Post a Comment