Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

35 weeks (late post)

Sorry, I was 35 weeks on Monday (14th), but things have been so hectic this week that I haven't had time to post. I am MAKING time to post right now, but as a result don't have time to really add much personal stuff. Basically, this is my last week of week before Maternity Leave and I have a HUGE amount of stuff to get done before it's over.
Did the hospital tour on Saturday with my mom (Matt was geeking it out at PAXEast in Boston the entire weekend). Maternity area is older and more narrow-feeling than Underwood and the whole process there is a bit more confusing, with a lot more room-moving and rules and such going on. And the impending move to the new facility in May (we'll miss out on that by a month) has generated some confusion as well. Guess we'll figure it out as we go. Hopefully I won't be at the hospital long at all, anyway.
I had my OB appointment on Monday and everything looks great. Baby sounds and measures fine, I am doing fine, the baby hurting me a lot is normal, and even though I swear there will be a permanent footprint inside my uterus in one spot, it's all good.

On to the official info:

Your Baby This Week
Well over 5 pounds (2.5 kg) and more than 20 inches (51 cm) long, your baby is continuing to grow at a rapid pace.
If you were to give birth this week, your baby would probably need the warmth of an incubator to survive. That's because he still doesn't have enough fat cells to keep his body warm. But he will have the warmth of your tummy for just a little while longer!

Your Body This Week
As the anticipation builds, you're beginning to feel more like a "mother" every day. If you haven't already picked out a name, start narrowing down the list now! As the time draws near, your anxiety may build and you might find yourself experiencing the mood swings of early pregnancy. You probably feel frustrated as your size keeps you from your normal routines and makes sleeping more difficult. It's also normal to worry about your baby's health, the anticipated pain of labor, and potential problems with delivery. If these things are bothering you, talk to your health care provider, along with your mother, sisters or girlfriends. You'll soon discover that everyone had the same fears and got through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment