Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Monday, March 21, 2011

OMG, at 36 weeks!

I am now 36 weeks pregnant...which means I have 4 weeks to go (give or take). For some reason, it seems like another mile marker. I guess only having one month to go. Holy crap. It's just around the corner, and if I go early like I want to, it's even closer.

Let's see, what updates do I have? Well, I am now on maternity leave. Friday was my last day of work. So today is my first day of being at home instead of work. And it feels...AWESOME! It feels freeing! Like I have tons of time to get stuff done! I don't just have evenings to try to cram stuff into. I have the whole day to get things done. AND, I don't really have any major projects now. The baby's room is pretty much ready (just need to finish unpacking the shower gifts and putting away baby laundry), Liam's birthday party is past (just a little post-party clean-up left), and it's mainly just getting caught up with laundry and a few things now. And knitting. I do have that baby blanket to finish and need to get a move-on with that, BUT now I have full days in which to do it, so there might be hope yet.

Anyway, I actually have to run off to an appointment (got a prenatal massage booked...mmmmmmmm), so I will post this week's belly picture and official info, and post any other updates later in the week.



Your Baby This Week
Nearly 21 inches (53 cm) long and weighing in at 6 pounds (3 kg), your baby is rapidly approaching her birth weight. You may notice your "belly" seems to have dropped and may seem slightly smaller. That's because your baby has dropped lower in your pelvis, relieving some of the pressure on your abdomen.
While she may still move around a bit in the weeks to come, generally she'll settle comfortably in the lower part of your uterus. In the meantime, baby's brain tissue continues to develop, and finally, the lungs and respiratory system are nearing maturity.

Your Body This Week
Well there's no getting around it--you're feeling like you're carrying a beach ball! Driving will become more difficult, as will sitting in the front seat of a vehicle; going up and down stairs will start to feel like climbing a mountain! Even though you have a few weeks to go, your weight may stabilize around this time, so you won't get much larger. Stay off your feet as much as possible to minimize swelling and cramping, and rest when you can.
You will probably visit your health care provider on a weekly basis now--a sign that the delivery day is drawing near. Although your appointments will be frequent, they'll also be short; bring a list of any questions you have, particularly about labor and delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment