Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy 28 Weeks

I am now 28 weeks pregnant! Don't know why this seems like an important number...it's not really a milestone, as far as I can tell. But it feels special to me for some reason. I know that now the baby has a 90% chance of surviving if born now, and that is a huge relief to know.
I am still tired from things, but there isn't as much of the huge waves of exhaustion, at least right now. I do get out of breath more easily, especially given that there is less room for everything in there now. I can't eat as much at one sitting, but am hungrier a lot more frequently, especially in the evening. My body likes to wait until I am laying down to finally sleep to let me know I am hungry. Ugh. And bathroom trips are very plentiful.
The baby moves around a lot, although there are days when he/she is pretty quiet in there. There are sometimes some sharp bumps sliding around on the surface of my belly, as the baby scrapes a foot or elbow or knee around, or a broad pushing bulge as the baby strains his/her head (or butt?) against my belly. So far, no HUGE waves of movement as the baby turns...but there has been some jiggling...who knows what the baby is doing.

Here is my latest belly picture:


Official Baby Info

Your Baby This Week
It's official! You're in the last trimester of your pregnancy and you're edging closer to the big day with each passing week. Your baby is growing--and wow--so are you!
Your little angel is still little, between 2 and 2.5 pounds (0.9 to 1.1 kg) and 15 to 16 inches (38 to 40 cm) long. Your baby is actually a little "chubbier" than before. That's because the number of fat cells she has is increasing, filling out the skin from underneath. Eyebrows and eyelashes are also growing, and the hair on her head is getting longer. This is also an important time for your baby's brain development.

Your Body This Week
Your weight is climbing, too! During this month, you may begin to experience Braxton Hicks contractions--a kind of "dress rehearsal" for labor that isn't dangerous for you or baby. They occur when the uterus hardens and relaxes. Because your growing baby is putting more pressure on your pelvis, your ankles and feet may swell, your legs may cramp, and as your growing uterus bears down on your bladder, you may once again feel the need to urinate more often. And don't be alarmed if you start to feel out of breath; it's just baby pushing on your diaphragm.

No comments:

Post a Comment