Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Monday, April 4, 2011

38 weeks pregnant

I am almost there, almost done. Any day now this baby could make it's appearance. Aside from finishing this baby blanket, there is very little else to do. Well, I have things I want to get done, but none of them really need to be done before the baby comes. Technically, neither does the blanket, but I WANT to be done before the baby comes, so I don't have to think about the knitting for a bit (I can do simple knitting instead).

Let's see, updates on me...baby is moving around less, but does have periods of extra squirmy-ness. And the baby seems to like to push it's feet into my belly at the same spot, and it actually hurts quite a bit. Not really crazy about it. I feel like I am raw on the inside and going to have a permanent indentation there from all the stretching. Sleeping is getting more uncomfortable now, with my heart giving me more trouble at night...I've been having to adjust the position I lay in, which usually means my arms and shoulder aching by the end of the night and having fallen asleep. My left hip is also really hurting a lot now, and I can't seem to do much to relieve it. Ah well. If it's like my first pregnancy, as soon as I have the baby that will all go away.
Mentally I am in a pretty good mood. Reading all of this natural child birthing information has left me feeling very excited about having a natural birth, and also very empowered. I feel sad for all the women who are afraid of child birth, so afraid of the potential pain that they are willing to jump to drugs right away, before even giving their bodies a chance. They aren't bothering to read up on what they can accomplish as strong, beautiful women and so they think they can't manage it, and they are opening themselves up to risks and longer, less effective labors. I really wish all of them would read the things I am...I think it would make them feel better about themselves, and be more prepared to deal with the intensity of child birth. I am currently reading a book called "Mind Over Labor" and I recommend it for all pregnant women, whether you intend to do completely natural child-birth or not.

Anyway, I am definitely excited about having my natural experience, so that I can then share it with others and hopefully inspire them and give them the confidence they need.

So...here's how big I look now. *smile* Aren't I cute?




Official baby info

Your Baby This Week
Your baby is preparing to be born as you're preparing to experience the true excitement of impending childbirth. You may feel a little nervous, which is perfectly normal.
In anticipation of meeting you, baby is busy getting ready for the occasion. The fine hair (lanugo), covering her body begins to shed along with the whitish coating on the skin (vernix). Your baby's weight is approaching 7 pounds (3.5 kg), but she remains around 21 inches (53 cm) long, which shows that she's getting plumper! If your baby were born this week, she would have no problems surviving on her own.

Your Body This Week
Although your size is remaining constant, your discomfort might be increasing, as some of the symptoms related to your weight, including heat rashes and difficulty sleeping, might be getting to you. While your due date may be two or more weeks away, pack your labor bag and get ready. Ninety-five percent of all babies are born within two weeks of their due dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment