Children's Journals

This is my journal, with posts mainly about myself. If you want to see posts specifically about Maia or Liam, check out the links to their journals under the "My Interests" section on the right side of my blog page.

Belly Picture Comparison

View Belly Picture Camparison for Second Pregnancy!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Night from hel...ummm...heck..

No, I am not in labor yet. Just getting really close. But kind of wish I had woken up in labor, because then I would be done at this point and the misery I am going through would be over with.
Last night I had horrible trouble sleeping. My left hip bothers me like crazy. I think it's a mixture of loose ligaments/muscles, bad posture (even though I use several pillows between my knees), and pressure points. So after a while, I can no longer lay on my left side, due to the shooting pain in my hip, butt, and thigh. So I roll over to my right side. But now I can't stay on that side for very long, because my heart does not like it...starts racing, and I get out of breath, and feel very uncomfortable. Hard to explain, but usually I can't last more than a few minutes. So then I flip back over to my left side again, wait for my heart to calm down and hope that my hip had enough of a break in those few minutes that I can get back to sleep again. But not so last night. My hip was screaming in pain, and nothing I did made it feel better, except standing up, or laying on my right side...neither of which let me sleep. And on top of that, I was starving, so my growling stomach wouldn't let me sleep. And the baby kept getting hiccups. So even if I COULD manage to get my leg into a position that worked for a bit, I couldn't fall asleep due to baby hiccups or hunger. Eventually I moved down to the couch, which had a squishier surface and seemed to allow me to fall asleep, with a little bit of relief from my hip. Had to wait for the baby to stop hiccuping, but managed to fall asleep. I should have eaten something, but I was way too tired to get up and think about what to eat and then chew whatever it was I decided on. Ugh. I try to eat right before I go to bed, but it doesn't seem to help now. Guess the baby is gathering all the energy it can for the end, now.

Ugh...I am about to put Liam down for a nap (not that he naps) and I think I am going to attempt to take a nap as well. At least rest. I need it. More now than ever. I really don't want to labor in this tired state. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment